For many two-income households, the demands of careers and parenting make it necessary to hire a housekeeper or maid service. Although there are many dependable house Deep Cleaning Services Sydney available, being aware of some basic guidelines will increase the chances of selecting a housekeeper you’ll be satisfied with. A personal referral from someone you know and trust is the ideal way to find a reliable housekeeping service, but sometimes it’s necessary to do all of the research and comparison shopping yourself. Beginning the process with a set of standards in mind will increase the chances you’ll make a choice your family can happily live with for years to come.
Here are a number of parameters that will help you identify and select a high-quality housekeeper or maid service.
- House cleaning services that are licensed, bonded, and insured tend to be professionally managed, safer to deal with, and more service oriented
- A professional maid service or housekeeper should be willing to give you a free in-home estimate, based on factors such as the size of your home, how frequently the service would be provided, and the level of difficulty.
- Quality housekeeping services should have no qualms about providing you with customer references and contact information. It’s a good sign when a housekeeper or maid service has a list of satisfied customers that they’re willing to share with you.
- Getting two or three price quotes provides solid points of comparison and is a good way to make sure you’re getting the most value for your money.
- When interviewing a maid service or housekeeper, look for signs that they have a professional attitude and that they take pride in their work.
Once you’ve found a house cleaning service that appears to be a good match for your family and budget, it’s always beneficial to maintain good communication with your cleaning person on a regular basis. One way to accomplish this is by leaving a notepad out on the kitchen table for passing along instructions, requests, or questions. The housekeeper should also be encouraged to let you know about any house maintenance or cleaning problems they’ve noticed. If you’ve agreed to provide them with cleaning supplies, then they can also use the notepad to tell you when supplies are getting low.
Among the decisions that a homeowner is faced with when hiring a cleaning service is whether they’re comfortable providing an extra house key to the cleaning person or service. Some customers might prefer to be home when the house cleaner arrives or leave a key under a doormat or flowerpot. This choice is up to you, but if you do your due diligence when selecting a home cleaning service, you’ll have greater peace of mind no matter what you decide regarding keys.